The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide

What is Carbon Monoxide

Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless gas that can have deadly consequences. CO is produced when fuels like natural gas, gasoline, kerosene or oil burn incompletely. This happens because of insufficient oxygen supply to the combustion process. The most common sources are faulty furnaces and water heaters, clogged chimneys and blocked flues in fireplaces or wood stoves, damaged car exhaust systems or any other leaky fuel-burning appliance.

CO poisoning causes headaches, nausea and vomiting within hours of exposure at low levels; higher concentrations cause loss of consciousness followed by death by suffocation from lack of oxygen to vital organs. It’s crucial that you take precautionary measures to safeguard your loved ones from this deadly gas. At Air Quality Monitoring, we provide devices so you can test and monitor your carbon monoxide levels.

The most common cause of CO poisoning

One of the most common causes of CO poisoning in homes is unvented space heaters and furnaces. Introducing a vent can dramatically reduce your risk of CO poisoning.

Another good tip for preventing CO poisoning is to only use appliances that have an indicator light or alarm when they are in use. This can help make sure you and your family members and pets stay safe from the dangers of carbon monoxide. And if your pets spend time in the home, make sure they’re never sleeping in rooms close to appliances that release CO such as ovens, dryers, fireplaces, or space heaters.

Symptoms of CO Poisoning

Symptoms of CO poisoning can include headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting and chest pains. If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s important to get out of the home and call 911 immediately.

It’s also crucial to have a carbon monoxide detector in your home. This can help alert you if there is any CO present in your home so you can take immediate action to protect yourself and your loved ones.

Carbon monoxide poisoning is a serious danger, but by following these precautions you can safeguard yourself and your loved ones from this deadly gas immediately! Do not try to drive yourself or others to the hospital as it may be too late for treatment by the time you arrive. CO poisoning is a serious danger, but by following these precautions you can safeguard yourself and your loved ones from this deadly gas. If you experience any of these symptoms, get out of the home and call 999 immediately!

Conclusion

CO poisoning is a serious danger, but by following these precautions you can safeguard yourself and your loved ones from this deadly gas. If you experience any of these symptoms, get out of the home and call 999 immediately! 

You risk CO poisoning when you don’t have enough ventilation in your home, coals in your fireplace aren’t completely burnt, gas appliances such as furnaces and water heaters are leaking, cars with improperly sealed exhaust pipes emit CO and you sit in the garage to watch TV while your car is on.

Symptoms of CO poison include headaches or dizziness that develop within hours at low levels; higher concentrations cause loss of consciousness followed by death by suffocation from lack of oxygen to vital organs. It’s important for everyone who lives in a home to have a carbon monoxide detector. If you experienced any of these symptoms, get out of the home and call 999 immediately!

If you feel like you may be at risk of carbon monoxide, you should get in touch with us today to see how we can help. We look forward to hearing from you.